Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Stock Recommendations - 18th March 2008

Stock Recommendations - 18th March 2008

Hi -
As you all are aware I am an value investor and stock picking is one of my passions... Having studied a lot of companies and invested in them, here are few recommendations from my side.

With the stock market crash in past 2 months, I thought it would be a great idea to list the stocks that I would pick if I were to select 20 companies and had a kitty of 2 lacs. Unfortunately, as of now I do not have that much cash so all I can do is at least recommend it to others :-)

There is of course immenient chance of the Stock market going further down. So I would rather recommend buying these stocks more if they were to go down further in the same proportion as the current allocation mentioned below. And it goes without saying, I would recommend to hold these stocks for long term (at least 2 years and more) and not for short term trading / gains.

As of today the stock index is at Sensex: 14,833.46 / Nift: 4533.00

It will be a good idea to track this investment periodically and then compare it with the index gains...












Here is the list of 20 companies that I recommend -

1 EXIDE INDUSTRIES LTD
2 AMARA RAJA BATTERIES LTD
3 STATE BANK OF INDIA
4 YES BANK LTD.
5 OMAXE LIMITED
6 PRAJ INDUSTRIES LTD
7 UNITED BREWERIES LTD
8 BARTRONICS INDIA LTD
9 RELIANCE COMMUNICATIONS LTD
10 GLODYNE TECHNOSERVE LIMITED
11 DECCAN AVIATION LTD
12 PATEL ENGINEERING CO
13 RAJESH EXPORTS
14 WANBURY LIMITED
15 INFRASTRUCTURE DEV FIN CO LTD
16 AXIS BANK LIMITED
17 HIMACHAL FUTURISTICS COMM
18 INFOSYS
19 BHEL
20 LARSEN & TOUBRO

Do share comments if any.

No comments: